Friday, January 1, 2010

What makes me . . .

What makes me love dishes so very, very much? I have no earthly idea unless it is genetic as my mom too loves beautiful dishes. I truly love everything that goes into a home but most especially anything I can use in the kitchen and dining room. My friends and family tease me about my dish habit, but I just cannot seem to get enough! From Polish pottery shopped for and sent by my dear friend, Ginger, to simple items in basic white from Pottery Barn - I love them all. Every year I find something from a potter at Art in the Park; a bowl, a mug (or 2), a baking dish, etc. My latte bowls in a stunning aqua from anthropologie make my heart SING! I get such joy from setting the table with my many lovely dishes. In the summer I love to have friends over and use my seashell plates with clamshell salad plates and beautiful aqua hurricane glasses from Pottery Barn for dinner. I can almost feel the sand between my toes and taste the salty ocean air when we sit down for dinner. My friend, Neta, says it is like going on a tropical vacation when she joins us for these seaside themed meals.

I am addicted to cookbooks as well. I received 3 new cookbooks this Christmas! I love to look at them for hours (when I should be cleaning), and I love trying new recipes out of them. I have shelf upon shelf of cookbooks; each one a treasured friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment