Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cold Weather, Good Company, and Good Food

Last night I made a lovely stew in an even lovlier Polish pottery roaster. Joining us for dinner were my brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Rob and Cec, and my good friend for practically forever, Neta. We enjoyed stew and biscuits and wine and lots of laughter. We talked of childhood memories of soups made by mothers eaten with crackers spread with butter and meatloaf and tuna casserole. Memories of so many wonderful meals made with love. It was a wonderful evening.

I love to feed people. It is one of the great joys of my life. I have thought often about ways to incorporate my love of cooking into a job. Prior to the economy going south, I thought about offering personal meal service for busy professionals and moms (or dads) who just need a break from the everyday demands of preparing dinner for themselves and/or their families. Unfortunately, before I could work out all the logistical issues associated with this, the economy took a nose dive, and I knew that my service would be one that people would not utilize in these tough times. I have long dreamed of owning and operating a bed and breakfast. This is still a possibility at some point in the future when the economy picks back up.

Guess it is a good thing I love dishes since I also love to feed people!

Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity. ~~ Voltaire

1 comment:

  1. hi kristi,
    thank you for the kind comment, i appreciate it very much. have you had a chance to go to ripple yet? i hope you do, it's an inspiring site.
    have a wonderful week!
    x lori

    ReplyDelete